Affording A Caedmon Education:
Our Flexible Tuition Program & Payment Options
The Caedmon School’s Flexible Tuition program has been a major blessing for our family. The majority of our neighborhood schools are failing which has made us seek educational opportunities outside of our immediate area. We’ve been raised to value education and have always envisioned more for our children then we had. If it weren’t for the Flexible Tuition Program, we would not be able to afford an outstanding education for our children. The plan and the funding allow us to live within our means while providing our children with amazing opportunities. We are forever grateful for this program and cherish the opportunities given. We hope this program continues to expand in order to provide for more families like ours.
We want to make a Caedmon education accessible! Participating in our Flexible Tuition Program or utilizing our extended 10-payment plan are two examples of our devotion to a socioeconomically diverse community at The Caedmon School.
TUITION PAYMENT OPTIONS
The Caedmon School offers the following payment options to accommodate the needs of our families:
- Single Payment
- Two Payments
- 10 Payment Plan (includes a modest 2.5% financing fee)
FLEXIBLE TUITION AT A GLANCE
- 17% of Caedmon families pay below full tuition
- 15% of operating budget is devoted to Flex Tuition
Flexible Tuition FAQs
What is flexible tuition?
Flexible Tuition allows us to share our amazing curriculum and approach with families who would otherwise not be able to attend. We started offering Flexible Tuition in 2017 because we know that families are able to afford a wide range of the cost of Caedmon. The goal of our Flexible Tuition Program is to enhance our school community with a socioeconomically diverse student body, which is at the core of our mission.
Who qualifies for flexible tuition?
- Many families who feel they may not qualify for traditional “financial aid” may very well qualify for “reduced” or Flexible Tuition.
- We encourage families to apply for Flexible Tuition if they feel they may qualify.
How does it work?
- Families should notify The Caedmon School if they plan to apply for Flexible Tuition (there is a box to check on the application for admission).
- If you indicate that you plan to apply for Flexible Tuition and the $75 application fee presents a hardship for your family, please call Susan Bonet in our Admissions Office, 212.879-2296 ext. 307, for the waiver code.
- The application process for Flexible Tuition is available through TADS.com. The application is referred to as an “Application for Financial Aid” on their website and the deadline for submitting it is December 11, 2020.
- The Caedmon School receives a report from TADS.com and the Flexible Tuition Committee reviews all applications to make determinations of how Flexible Tuition funds will be distributed. Most qualifying families will receive assistance.
- If your child is accepted, your Flexible Tuition award will be reflected in your child’s contract when notified.