We are so pleased that you are considering The Caedmon School for your child. Given the pandemic, our admissions process will look different than in a typical year, but meeting with and getting to know your child and your family as unique individuals and introducing you to The Caedmon School remain at the heart of our mission and are the most important parts of our process. Our Early Childhood Group Tour, Presentation, and Panel Discussion, Parent/Family Interviews, and Open Houses will take place via Zoom meeting. We are also offering the option of brief, In-Person Tours of the facilities to take place outside of school hours. For applicants to Early Program and above, 2.10 – 10.11 years, parents choose whether their child’s 1:1 interview will take place in-person or via Zoom meeting. We look forward to getting to know your family during the coming months!
Our application for admission for Fall 2022 is available through our Ravenna hub, which you can access via the APPLY button below. You will be asked to submit an inquiry and create an account with a password, which will allow you to access and complete your application for admission and to check on the status of your child’s application throughout the admissions process. You can fill out an inquiry here. If you are interested in applying for the current 2021-2022 school year, please email Jennifer Tarpley-Kreismer, firstname.lastname@example.org, to inquire about space availability.
We also invite you to register for one or more of our completely optional online interactive experiences to get to know us better:
- Community Story Time
- A Curiosity Class: Cooking Montessori Style, Cardboard Creations, and Montessori@Home
- Fall Festival
- Winter Wonderland
We suggest that you submit your application as soon as possible, as interview spots are limited.
Once we receive your application, Susan Bonet, Admissions Assistant and Assistant to the Head of School, will be in contact to arrange the following appointments. Getting to know your child and you as individuals and introducing you to our program is at the heart of our mission and the most important part of our admissions process:
Family or Parent Interview*
- Beginners (1.9 – 2.10 year olds): Parents and their child(ren) will have a brief online Family Interview
- Early Program (2.10 years old) through Grade 5: Parents will have an online 1:1 interview. Kindergarten through Elementary school applicant parents will also have a small group panel discussion, virtual tour, and presentation of the program during the same meeting.
- Children applying for our Early Program through Grade 5 programs will have an online 1:1 interview with a teacher. Parents will choose whether this meeting will take place in-person or via Zoom meeting
* Required elements of the admissions process
To ensure the composition of our student and parent body is socioeconomically diverse and inclusive, Caedmon offers a Flexible (Flex) Tuition Program. Flex Tuition allows Caedmon to offer families a wider range of tuition assistance, based on what they can afford.
You will be asked through Ravenna to submit a Records Release to your child’s current school (Pre-K through Grade 5). The Caedmon School requires a transcript as well as a completed ISAAGNY Report for children applying to Pre-K through fifth grade. For applicants to Grades 1-5, report cards for the previous two semesters are also required. Please contact Jennifer Tarpley-Kreismer, email@example.com, with any questions.