- Approximate enrollment: 230
- Average class size: 22
- Teachers per class: 2 – 3
- Student/teacher ratio: 7/1 (including specialist teachers)
2 years through 5th Grade
Hours (2016-2017 school year)
|Early arrival option for all grades||8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., Monday – Friday|
|Young Beginners (2.0 – 2.8 years old)||9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Monday – Friday|
|Beginners (2.8 – 3.0 years old)||8:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.|
|Early Program Half Day (3 year olds)||8:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.|
|Early Program Full Day (4 year olds)||8:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m., Monday – Friday|
|Kindergarten – 5th Grade||8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday|
|Extensive After School program available for children of all ages||8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday|
Daily Offerings and Special Programs
- Healthy snacks and a nutritious lunch are provided.
- We provide daily, outdoor playtime for all students in our private, renovated playground.
- The school offers childcare during parent/teacher conferences as well as for many evening school events.
- Bus service is available with a private transportation company.
6 weeks, ages 2.8 – 12
Click here for the Discovery Summer Camp website
Winter and Spring Vacations as well as the two weeks following the end of the academic year and before the start of school.
Faculty, Staff, and Administration
The school is accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, The Parents League, Educational Records Bureau, American Montessori Society, The Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York, The Guild of Schools, and Early Steps.